Friday, February 25, 2005

The arrival

Now I'm here, back in my house. I'm writing and pasting on the diary some pics from my collection.
It's really unbeleivable all the things that happened (fortunately all good things...). The big fear with my parents was to get sick or worse....
We arrive at the airport of Trivandrum on the 25th of December very tired but happy and excited. Outside an incredible crowd of people...just amazing!
Oh Lord!Where's Luca? But Luca was there waiting for us.
First of all a good breakfast at the Veli's Indian Coffee House: first masala dosa for all! (Mum was a little shocked ...only water for her)

Then went to the Hotel Chaitram near to the Bus Stand and the Train Station.... (really near and really noisy, avoid it if you can).
And after a little shower (it was really hot temperature) we went to Vellanad, the village on the hills near Trivandrum (about 30 Km) where Namaste has an office.


With Vishnu and his family

The first pics with Mauro trying to hide, Taddeus huging Daddy and Mum .... now she smiles but when we leaved from the house of these sweet people and say goodby.....

Well, this was our first day. After that we had a really good time with a wonderful lunch prepared by the cook in the office (the best biryani I've ever had!).

The night (as I've said the hotel was near the Bus Stand) was a nightmare... but we were also really tired!