Sunday, August 29, 2004

Ready to start!

Well, hallo!
I'm ready to begin my new on-line journal/diary. I know it will be hard for me because I want to write it in english (not my mother tongue, obviously) but I try to do my best.

Now, all this begins because I want to write about my next trip to India this winter and I need (if it's possible) to hold a diary of the journey, of the experience before, during and after this trip.

Map


This is the map of south India and here you can see the state of Kerala, called "GOD'S OWN COUNTRY" by the State Tourist Department.
The state of Kerala stretches for 550 km along India's southwest coast, and is just 120 km wide at its broadest point. Kerala offers beautiful beaches, trips through peaceful lagoons (the Backwaters) and canals, hills stations, wildlife sanctuaries and complex cultural customs.
The state of Kerala was created in 1956 from the former states of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar. Kerala had the first freely elected communist government in the world, elected in 1957.
Small scale and relatively relaxed, Kerala's cities and towns are all within easy reach of each other. That's good because I don't want to spend too many time travelling (we have only 3 weeks!) and also because our companion during this trip will be ....... mum and daddy!!

Mum & Dad


They have never travelled before ! I'm a little bit anxious about this! But I am so proud of my Mum : she wants to come, she wants to experience this and now I understand why I am a little.... fool ...I am her daughter! Well, hope that all will work fine.

We will arrive on Xmas day early in the morning at the Trivandrum's Airport and start our Great Indian Adventure from there. Then we move north to Alappuzha, then Kochi and Thrissur. Back to Trivandrum and go home on the 15th of January. More details in my next blogs.

In Trivandrum we'll meet with our long distance adopted children: two little boys (adopted with my collegues at work), and other two adopted by my parents.
We are very happy to do this and to help the people who does this hard work in this little village near Trivandrum.

Here is the link to the pages of the Association (in italian):
http://www.namaste-adozioni.org